6 replies to this topic

#1 MMedia

MMedia
  • Supporter+
  • Advanced Member
  • 985 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:44

Hi all,

We have a customer who can't afford a 'full blown' Magento build but they're still keen to work with us on something smaller/simpler to start.

We've had experience of Volusion and to be honest the template system is both costly and incredibly restrictive.

Is it Shopify a happy medium? They say they offer complete control of the html and css, which is what we want, is that actually the case?

Any drawbacks from your experiences?

Midas Media Full Service Design Agency | Midas Click - Digital Marketing Experts | Facebook | Twitter @Midas_UK | Google+

#2 DiederikEenschooten

DiederikEenschooten
  • Hefty Member
  • Advanced Member
  • 638 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:48

colleague of my worked with it. He said it was pretty basic, but it works of you dont ned fancy stuf

#3 Lewwy

Lewwy
  • Global Mod
  • Mr. T
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:58

Yeah, it's quite accessible, I recently finished up http://justsealit.co.uk with it.

#4 MMedia

MMedia
  • Supporter+
  • Advanced Member
  • 985 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:59

What's it like client side?

I noticed they offer a 14 day trial, I think we need to signup and take a look (sniff around).

Midas Media Full Service Design Agency | Midas Click - Digital Marketing Experts | Facebook | Twitter @Midas_UK | Google+

#5 Renaissance-Design

Renaissance-Design
  • Overlord
  • Code Poet
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:54

It's not bad - templating is done wth Liquid.

Chris Cox is a freelance web designer & developer based in Bridgend, South Wales. You should definitely follow @RenaissDesign on Twitter.

Was this post helpful? Buy me a beer.

#6 MMedia

MMedia
  • Supporter+
  • Advanced Member
  • 985 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 13:02

Essentially the client wants to trial with a 'handful' of products and so Magento is overkill, for now.

Shopify or similar would enable us to grow with the client, test the water on an inexpensive subscription platform and all going well expand on to bespoke.

#7 shubham1

shubham1
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 10:23

I am using shopify it is also the name of its proprietary e-commerce platform for online stores and retail point-of-sale systems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users