• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Jason Dexter

Jason Dexter
  • Mod
  • Advanced Member
  • 777 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:26

I'm looking for alternatives to analytics? I don't want to move away but their data fluctuates too much. I can look at the same time period and get varying figures when I refresh the analytics page. 

So I thought I'd scout around. The problem being that analytics has everything I need. Piwik?

#2 rob

rob
  • Hefty Member
  • Advanced Member
  • 659 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:36

A client of mine used to use MINT, he swore by it and said it was well worth fee. I don't really like  the dashboard - but apparently the tracking is spot on...

#3 TheLonelyPixel

TheLonelyPixel
  • Sweetcheeks
  • Princess Peach
  • 861 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:25

I used to use woopra back in the day but it's changed so much now I'm not sure what it's like

The Lonely Pixel - Freelance Web Designer

#4 Scott

Scott
  • Global Mod
  • Table-Master
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:35

I've used Woopra, MINT and Piwik

Woopra, like TLP said, has changed a lot recently, so I'm not sure what it's like any more.

MINT is fantastic, worth the fee if you need to feel superior.

Piwik is excellent - especially considering it's a freebie. It's actually my go-to analytics solution.

#5 ElanMan

ElanMan
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 20:07

I'm looking for alternatives to analytics? I don't want to move away but their data fluctuates too much. I can look at the same time period and get varying figures when I refresh the analytics page. 

So I thought I'd scout around. The problem being that analytics has everything I need. Piwik?

How long have you been noticing the fluctuating data in analytics?

It's something we're becoming increasingly aware of at work but it's nice to have it confirmed by someone else (just so we know we're not being complete numpties) :)

#6 Inspired

Inspired
  • Supporter
  • Advanced Member
  • 680 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:51

https://www.gosquared.com/

Web designer, UX flavoured. Opinionated. Caffeinated.

Opining at @nternetinspired and standing my ground at http://internet-inspired.com. I also make the best responsive Joomla templates in town.

Joomla UX Team Leader.

#7 Jason Dexter

Jason Dexter
  • Mod
  • Advanced Member
  • 777 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:49

How long have you been noticing the fluctuating data in analytics?

It's something we're becoming increasingly aware of at work but it's nice to have it confirmed by someone else (just so we know we're not being complete numpties) :)

For a while now. I'm not sure whether it's due to universal analytics or classic but it's enough to be annoying as fuck.

Ah close to what I want and could possibly use but don't see that I can customise and segment the data for each client. One client will need more advance set up than others with custom variables, events, goals, conversion funnel etc. I don't really see that with this. Thats the problem, GA provides that indepth level of data. I can see which user group interacts with which page, set up an AB test of it and then treat one website as if it were three or four. Definately give it a trial through as I could be completely wrong haha

#8 brightonmike

brightonmike
  • Global Mod
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 14:56

Adobe Analytics? Former SiteCatalyst.

http://michaelgunner.co.uk/

Awesome free web meet up in Surrey: http://418conf.co.uk/

#9 Jheg

Jheg
  • Overlord
  • Mandard Stember
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:45

Other than just the number of new visits, I've stopped looking into the detail in my analytics because Google isn't passing any of the organic search data on anymore (85% not provided last month). Is there a way round this yet?

I'm guessing none of the other solutions mentioned make any difference to this as its down to Google not passing on the data.

Learning Ruby http://jheg.github.io/

ToDo App - www.gottodo.co.uk

#10 Jason Dexter

Jason Dexter
  • Mod
  • Advanced Member
  • 777 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 00:06

There one that claims to sniff user data before its encrypted but can't remember the name.

Certainly ways around this like landing pages etc but ga is awesome for what you can do with the data and segment it

#11 Wayne of the Web

Wayne of the Web
  • Supporter+
  • Standard Member
  • 360 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:21

One of the main reason I use Google Analytics is fast becoming an obsolete part of their service; keywords used in search queries that led people to my sites. (Not Provided) Not very helpful. 

wdf.png   Refreshing Web Design & Marketing Services from Function 5             follow us @fun5ive

#12 laraaustin

laraaustin
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:05

Kiss metrics is is all about tracking your visitors, where they came from, what they do on your site up to the point that they buy something. KISSMetrics is all about optimizing your conversion rate by giving you excellent tools to drill down to the most frequently used order paths and most lucrative referral sources.

#13 cwvps

cwvps
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 11:33

I use KISSMetrics. It's not so visually appealing and if you don't mind that, you'll be quite satisfied.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users