• Conservatories
  • Double Glazing
  • Doors
  • UPVC Windows

And using the following targeted locations:

• Leicester
  • Leicestershire
  • Loughborough

They're doing really well, and at the minute we currently charge them £212.50 PCM - I was wondering if I'm charging too much, or too little?

Edited by lakey, 02 July 2014 - 10:56.

#2 Jason Dexter

Jason Dexter
  • Mod
  • Advanced Member
  • 777 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:14

It depends on a huge range of factors. 

On the face of it, it's too little. £212.50 a month will get you 3 hours plus change with my agency. Having said that, our strategy will be completely different to yours, we have copywriters, community builders, out reachers, link builders, onsite optimiser, technical devs and so on. All of which have a part to play in the process we use.

I'll stick my neck out and say that you guys are probably doing the same work my link builders would do; going out submitting to directories, do follow forums, link prospecting and that sort of stuff. Given they can churn out high quality links at a good rate, then 3 hours would probably be a enough for that market. But thats 3 hours of one guys time, doing nothing but link building

However, it's subjective and completely dependant on competition, website, website history, social media, brand persona, the service they provide blah blah. Our process ensures we work with high quality clients, stepping away from just rankings and essentially taking control of their brand online. I'm saying all this to show why we charge the amount we do. It's not a case of taking a list of keywords and link building until they're number 1. In order to do that, our starting price (99% of the time) is £1,000 per month and thats at a push. We're most comfortable at £3,000 (this isn't a dick measuring thing, either. It's apples and oranges because we provide a different service. Just like a design agency charges more then a freelancer. I also think I'm insulting with these sorts of things!)

But back to your question, though; it's too little. But you need to remember that you came to that price for a reason. Charging that much might seem like alot, but thats because thats how much you value your service at. Thats fine, I can't tell you how much your worth to a particular client. I assume you charged that amount because you're new to the SEO/Digital marketing game? Thats fine! But you'll attract the clients that value a campaign based on price, not return on investment. 

But I have to ask, what do you provide them for that amount?

#3 brightonmike

brightonmike
  • Global Mod
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:15

First page for "Windows"? I'd shit my pants.

http://michaelgunner.co.uk/

Awesome free web meet up in Surrey: http://418conf.co.uk/

#4 Gibson

Gibson
  • Hefty Member
  • Flogging Gibbo
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 14:28

So would I lol, although I'm not sure this is required. He mentioned 'optimising' for these keywords. I'm guessing if the client wants to be on the first page of windows I would direct them to the unicorns and ogres web agency in Narnia for that one.

#5 Jason Dexter

Jason Dexter
  • Mod
  • Advanced Member
  • 777 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 14:53

I'm hoping Lakey is targeting local keywords

#6 jannatul18

jannatul18
  • 116 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:05

No one can gurantee you that when you will be in good position in search engine. So its very difficult to calculate the exact cost for your SEO works. It depends on the compitition of the keywords that you want the ranking.

#7 Lewwy

Lewwy
  • Global Mod
  • Mr. T
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:20

Yeah, I think he means he's using the top keywords and then the locations as modifiers, which is much more doable. ;)

#8 Jason Dexter

Jason Dexter
  • Mod
  • Advanced Member
  • 777 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:07

I have a client on the first page for "glass", do I get fake internet points?

#9 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop
  • Overlord
  • Mini Member
  • 4,693 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:55

I have a client on the first page for "glass", do I get fake internet points?

I just gave you an upvote... does that count?

#10 shubham1

shubham1
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 11:41

It's totally depends on your keywords compositions. Than i decide and calculate the exact cost for your SEO keywords.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users