Is it good to use different IP for SEO

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jannatul18

jannatul18
  • 116 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:33

Hello everybody,
I am feeling confused about one thing. We are doing all our SEO works from same IP address. So we are thinking of buying the dedicated proxy for using different IP address during all our SEO work. How good this idea is? Can Google detect that all the works has been done from different IP address?Please give me your suggestion.

#2 PipeTenHostingCarl

PipeTenHostingCarl
  • 117 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:07

There are all sorts of reasons that if you were using dodgy SEO methods that maintaining IPv4 separation might be beneficial... For legitimate SEO purposes however, the benefits are so marginal and the cost of IPv4 constantly rising, your time and effort would be better focused elsewhere (for example tailoring content/domains/cdn to address specific markets or locality).

As far as I know, the only quantifiable benefit related to IPv4 would be using SSL which Google say may start getting better rankings (though you can still use SAN certs and not waste IPv4).

The only other thing I can think of is your IP reputation risk. If you have a website which is often hacked, or a customer who might be using dodgy SEO, or competitive markets like pharmacy/gaming/adult, then if these websites share the same IP address on the server as other good/clean websites then there is a risk of decreased reputation or blockage to some visitors.

HTH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users