Sagepay - Woocommerce

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Consh

Consh
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:37

Hello,

Has anyone here ever used Sagepay with Woocommerce?

A client has asked me to look into using it for her website that i am working on. The extension costs £140 but i was unsure as to whether she would need to pay the monthly cost (approx £20) as advertised on their site here http://www.sagepay.c...online-payments in addition to the extension cost.

Thanks

Ross

#2 rob

rob
  • Hefty Member
  • Advanced Member
  • 659 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:09

Implementation costs (I.E. the cost for the plugin) is a whole different ballgame to the cost per month or transaction that SagePay will charge your client once it's up and running.

Unless there is a very good reason they want to use SagePay, I'd suggest looking into some other options. It all comes down to volume of sales, and average monthly turnover as to what is best for your client, but I'd look at Stripe as a first port of call. It's a very easy to implement payment gateway and plays really nicely with WooCommerce out of the box. Also, the costs are minimal and all related to actual sales, so she will only ever pay a small percent on the transaction, rather than a fixed monthly cost.

SagePay is easy enough to set up, don't get me wrong, but in my opinion, unless you have a very valid reason to use it, it's overpriced for your client.

#3 Consh

Consh
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:28

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply, I suspected this would be the case. My client is just starting up so needs monthly costs kept at a minimum. I suggested Paypal to begin with but will take a look at Stripe. Thanks for the suggestion.

Ross

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users