SEO forum - 350

Web developer forum - 0

17/02/2013 Rankings

web design forum - 16 +6

Web designer forum - 21 +8

Graphic Design Forum - 0

SEO forum - 350 +31

Web developer forum - 0

This is a simple case study of the rankings of this forum. These keywords aren't hugely competitive nor do they bring in a huge, massive volume of traffic. They are, however, extremely relevant to what this forum is all about. I would call these Gateway Keywords in that as we get the forum ranking for these keywords, people will start to link naturally and we will see more rankings for more keywords.

What happens now?

I have the keywords loaded into serpfox.com to monitor the progress of this forum. Over the course of months, I'll be updating the rankings and letting people know where good links are coming from. This is all in aid of greater transparency!

--------------------------------------------

Rankings Updated 13/02/2013

Some nice rankings coming in. Web Design Forum did flirt around the 26th mark a few times. As this place grows as a community, the more links we'll get out there. I'm fairly happy to say there is no "forced" SEO campaign!

#2 AaronAlderman

AaronAlderman
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 14:02

Love what your doing here! Looking forward to seeing how this all pans out :)

#3 Jason Dexter

Jason Dexter
  • Mod
  • Advanced Member
  • 777 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 14:16

The SEO section of WDF was just so under used, I think stuff like this will help get people involved! This case study is more just to monitor the rankings :)

#4 Alluziion

Alluziion
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 14:17

That's pretty cool, it will be interesting to see the results.

If someone helps you, let them know that it's appreciated

+rep them

#5 Jheg

Jheg
  • Overlord
  • Mandard Stember
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 14:20

This is a great Jason nice one buddy - btw is serpfox free? looking for an alternative to SeoMoz.

Learning Ruby http://jheg.github.io/

ToDo App - www.gottodo.co.uk

#6 Joanna

Joanna
  • Supporter+
  • 85 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 14:26

will be watching with interest!

#7 Lewwy

Lewwy
  • Global Mod
  • Mr. T
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 14:51

This is a great Jason nice one buddy - btw is serpfox free? looking for an alternative to SeoMoz.

If you've got less than, or equal to 10 keywords.

#8 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop
  • Overlord
  • Mini Member
  • 4,693 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 15:14

Great stuff Jason! Keep it coming.

#9 Jason Dexter

Jason Dexter
  • Mod
  • Advanced Member
  • 777 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 15:25

As Lewwwy says, it's free for the first 10 keywords. Any number of domains, so long as the total amount of keywords is no more than 10

#10 Jheg

Jheg
  • Overlord
  • Mandard Stember
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 17:05

Thanks!

Learning Ruby http://jheg.github.io/

ToDo App - www.gottodo.co.uk

#11 Rallport

Rallport
  • Supporter
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 19:10

Ignoring the actual keywords you're targetting, these seo casetsudy type of forum posts are highly linkable imo and I'd be very surprised if they didn't get mentioned organically on some bigger sites.

In relation to these exact keywords, do you think it would be worth trying to get included on lists like http://www.kronikmed...-10-forums/461/ and http://aaronrussell....-design-forums/

Even the random forum post like http://www.ukbusines...ead.php?t=41061 that ranks highly related keywords too?

#12 Jason Dexter

Jason Dexter
  • Mod
  • Advanced Member
  • 777 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 19:11

Definitely. I think once this place is up and running with the new design then I don't see the harm in some outreaching

#13 Dizi

Dizi
  • Supporter+
  • Standard Member
  • 327 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 19:21

It will be interesting to see the development of this one :)

Never been into SEO, I think its down to the negative experiences, so it will be good to follow this section to see the positives :lol:

#14 Jason Dexter

Jason Dexter
  • Mod
  • Advanced Member
  • 777 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 19:41

It has it's problems and it is hugely undervalued. Clients see it as a numbers game. Why pay a good company 500 quid a month when they can get a billion links for £20. A billion is better, right!? 

#15 Rallport

Rallport
  • Supporter
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 21:16

It has it's problems and it is hugely undervalued. Clients see it as a numbers game. Why pay a good company 500 quid a month when they can get a billion links for £20. A billion is better, right!? 

I would seriously absolutely to love to write an indepth review about one of the seo companies I've had dealings with (first page when you search for "SEO") and the effects of them outsourcing spammy linking to India. Bulk, irrelevant links do nothing for you site at all. However, re the company in questions, we're talking £8,000 plus for 6 months work of bulk backing from India (yes, it's a company based in England who outsource linking building).

I agree though, there's way too much scope in SEO to bs clients, it's all far too grey, absract and lacks a set standard. I'd hate to be a client choosing an SEO company :)

#16 Dizi

Dizi
  • Supporter+
  • Standard Member
  • 327 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 21:30

I agree though, there's way too much scope in SEO to bs clients, it's all far too grey, absract and lacks a set standard. I'd hate to be a client choosing an SEO company :)

That's what my issue with SEO is, because while there are some tried and tested methods there is also a lot of theory, so that leads to web design companies who don't have a clue about it offering it as a service with "no guaranteed of results" and then the companies that sell backlinks for stupid money. 

Yes I know there are a lot of genuine companies out there that know what they are doing as well, but as it is such a grey area there are so many others that just rip people off.  Its why I'm looking forward to watching this section grow as it will be good to see some pros at work and maybe pick up some extra tips for onsite seo to help improve clients sites from that side ^_^

#17 jamesosix

jamesosix
  • Standard Member
  • 307 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:13

good stuff Jason looking forward to seeing the progress.

#18 Rallport

Rallport
  • Supporter
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 16:04

That's what my issue with SEO is, because while there are some tried and tested methods there is also a lot of theory, so that leads to web design companies who don't have a clue about it offering it as a service with "no guaranteed of results" and then the companies that sell backlinks for stupid money. 

Yes I know there are a lot of genuine companies out there that know what they are doing as well, but as it is such a grey area there are so many others that just rip people off.  Its why I'm looking forward to watching this section grow as it will be good to see some pros at work and maybe pick up some extra tips for onsite seo to help improve clients sites from that side ^_^

The dodgey companies are easy to spot. A genuine company will try to understand your business before applying SEO to a site and be quite open in sharing examples of past clients/results. Companies you'll want to avoid will simply apply SEO to your site without asking any questions. It's one of those services that everyone offers :) In my opinion, offsite SEO is insanely hard if done correctly.   

#19 Jason Dexter

Jason Dexter
  • Mod
  • Advanced Member
  • 777 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 20:27

Updated rankings

#20 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop
  • Overlord
  • Mini Member
  • 4,693 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 20:54

Ah good stuff. Did you poke around in the SEO section of the ACP here too?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Trand case study

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users