• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Notbanksys Copy Shoppe

Notbanksys Copy Shoppe
  • Global Mod
  • Word Nerd
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:19

A couple of years back I met a wannabe cockney at a gig (in Hampshire) and the geeza was going proper large with the slang shizzle, nomesane. So much so that when we parted company (he was determined to engage me in convo) he proclaimed "houses, houses". Or rather, "ouses, ouses"

Took me a good whlie to figure out that he'd taken 'safe' as a slang word meaning ok, good, salutations, whatever, extended it to 'safe as houses' (probably after stopping at 'safe as' for a while), then dropped the safe as, leaving only 'ouses, in some kind of ass backward mockney anti-rhyming cuntery. 1/10 would not listen again.

Git up offa that thang: Copy Clinic #7: Write copy like a sex machine

The Brand New Copy Shoppe is now open for business!

Bounce rate higher than a kangaroo's trampoline party? Email me at tony [at] copyshoppe.co.uk

#22 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop
  • Overlord
  • Mini Member
  • 4,695 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:22

- snip -

That'd given me a proper Grumble Boat

#23 Paul_likes_the_ocean

Paul_likes_the_ocean
  • Hefty Member
  • Sausage Pants
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 18:23

in some kind of ass backward mockney anti-rhyming cuntery.

Every second of my 42 years of existence is now chanting "!b ! !b !" 

“I have enough unknowns in my surfing life and my oracle life without you adding a whole ‘nother life” Olaf 

www.simpler-life.com

#24 Gibson

Gibson
  • Hefty Member
  • Flogging Gibbo
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 21:05

#25 Paul_likes_the_ocean

Paul_likes_the_ocean
  • Hefty Member
  • Sausage Pants
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 22:20

“I have enough unknowns in my surfing life and my oracle life without you adding a whole ‘nother life” Olaf 

www.simpler-life.com

#26 Spinoza

Spinoza
  • 153 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 22:42

"So..."

There was some corporate nobby from Samsung (I think) being interviewed on the news a while back, and every answer he gave began with the word "So..." and I don't know why but this really bloody wound me up. I'm detecting it more and more, usually by corporate PR people and young wannabe entrepeneurial titheads on YouTube. Even Liz 'Apprentice candidate' Kendall got in on the act the other day which pretty much seals my loathing of it.

#27 Gibson

Gibson
  • Hefty Member
  • Flogging Gibbo
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 01:14

"So..."

There was some corporate nobby from Samsung (I think) being interviewed on the news a while back, and every answer he gave began with the word "So..." and I don't know why but this really bloody wound me up. I'm detecting it more and more, usually by corporate PR people and young wannabe entrepeneurial titheads on YouTube. Even Liz 'Apprentice candidate' Kendall got in on the act the other day which pretty much seals my loathing of it.

Ah man yeah you just reminded me, a few years back my boss at the time used to do this. I had to go in for some pointless ''meeting'' once a week, whether it was needed or not, and he'd wait until I sat down and then go ''SsssssssssssssssO'' and then just look at me waiting for a response with a really smug look on his face.

#28 Paul_likes_the_ocean

Paul_likes_the_ocean
  • Hefty Member
  • Sausage Pants
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:41

Ah man yeah you just reminded me, a few years back my boss at the time used to do this. I had to go in for some pointless ''meeting'' once a week, whether it was needed or not, and he'd wait until I sat down and then go ''SsssssssssssssssO'' and then just look at me waiting for a response with a really smug look on his face.

All corporate phrases! I was in a "meeting" once - a pointless "team building" thing that I was ordered to go to by the sales & marketing director even though I was absolutely maxed out on a friday afternoon (this was in my old life). This tool said after half an hour of pointless bollockisms "remember, there's no 'I' in 'team'", before I could stop it I replied with "No but there's 4 in 'platitude quoting idiot' ". 

How I didn't get sacked is still a mystery to me to this day.

www.simpler-life.com

#29 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop
  • Overlord
  • Mini Member
  • 4,695 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:42

How I didn't get sacked is still a mystery to me to this day.

Yeah, but it was worth it wasn't it? 

#30 Paul_likes_the_ocean

Paul_likes_the_ocean
  • Hefty Member
  • Sausage Pants
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:46

Yeah, but it was worth it wasn't it? 

God yeah and I'd do it again

www.simpler-life.com

#31 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop
  • Overlord
  • Mini Member
  • 4,695 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:54

"So..."

I have a client at the moment that does this. In fact it's like he went to the "School of how to talk like a ****", where they tell them this is how they're supposed to speak and then kick them out of the door, infesting our world with gibberish, "i'm better than you", dicks.

The minute you start talking bullshit entrepreneur BS to me is the moment i lose all my respect for you. The main issue is, i know this industry far better than most of them, and, not to toot my own horn, probably take home more than them. But because they've decided they're an "entrepreneur", they've also decided they're a step up from everyone else, even though "entrepreneur" is usually just another way to spell "Currently seeking employment".

We get enough of them on here claiming to have the next big idea, giving it all the corporate speak BS. It aint gonna fly with me son.

Just keep replying with things that start with "S" and "O".

Them: Soooooooo....

You: Sausage Ordinance?
Them: Sooooooo... 
You: Sentiment Orange?

etc etc. They'll soon get bored.

#32 ryan

ryan
  • Global Mod
  • Young 'un
  • 384 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:06

I flipping love IT Crowd. Hilarious. WHY NO NEW SERIES?

Freelance Web Designer 
@ryangittings

Have I helped? If you want, you can show me some  :wub: and buy me a beer!beer.png

#33 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop
  • Overlord
  • Mini Member
  • 4,695 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:08

I flipping love IT Crowd. Hilarious. WHY NO NEW SERIES?

Because you touch yourself at night.

#34 Scott

Scott
  • Global Mod
  • Table-Master
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 19:14

before I could stop it I replied with "No but there's 4 in 'platitude quoting idiot' ".

Marry me?

#35 Paul_likes_the_ocean

Paul_likes_the_ocean
  • Hefty Member
  • Sausage Pants
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 20:04

Marry me?

Why not? Done worse!

www.simpler-life.com

#36 Notbanksys Copy Shoppe

Notbanksys Copy Shoppe
  • Global Mod
  • Word Nerd
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:39

Why not? Done worse!

OMG. You're Satan? Is there anything worse than marrying Scott? :O

Git up offa that thang: Copy Clinic #7: Write copy like a sex machine

The Brand New Copy Shoppe is now open for business!

Bounce rate higher than a kangaroo's trampoline party? Email me at tony [at] copyshoppe.co.uk

#37 Scott

Scott
  • Global Mod
  • Table-Master
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 12:48

Well, being a card carrying, carrot munching, closet-ginger, PKH is certainly in the running...

#38 Aliguy

Aliguy
  • 108 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 11:49

Mans got bare dollar innit tho

#39 Paul_likes_the_ocean

Paul_likes_the_ocean
  • Hefty Member
  • Sausage Pants
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 20:53

Nah, I don't exist. Remember?

www.simpler-life.com

#40 brightonmike

brightonmike
  • Global Mod
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:24

"tekkers"

http://michaelgunner.co.uk/

Awesome free web meet up in Surrey: http://418conf.co.uk/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users