4 replies to this topic

#1 Paul_likes_the_ocean

Paul_likes_the_ocean
  • Hefty Member
  • Sausage Pants
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 15:42

Hi all,

My site www.simpler-life.com is my photographic portfolio. I'm going to be adding the eCommerce side soon but I need to really crack on with the on site SEO side of things.

My first step is going to start a blog, the idea is to write a little piece about each photo with a link to the relevant image. As I also volunteer for a charity (in a photographic role) I was going to blog about that as well. On top of that, I was thinking of writing about some failed shoots and what I learned from those failures (for example I was on a shoot on Saturday and got a really nice image, the composition and exposure was fine but I got a HUUUUGGGE light leak right through the middle of it......) .

I want to keep the majority of the text on the site to the blog area and keep the text on the images themselves to a minimum.

Any other advice about what to write about or advice in general more than appreciated!

“I have enough unknowns in my surfing life and my oracle life without you adding a whole ‘nother life” Olaf 

www.simpler-life.com

#2 hannahuk

hannahuk
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:36

This is the fantastic idea. Just need to integrate featured post and featured post must be shown in main site.

#3 GeraldineGerstner

GeraldineGerstner
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 11:22

Hi all,

My site www.simpler-life.com is my photographic portfolio. I'm going to be adding the eCommerce side soon but I need to really crack on with the on site SEO side of things.

My first step is going to start a blog, the idea is to write a little piece about each photo with a link to the relevant image. As I also volunteer for a charity (in a photographic role) I was going to blog about that as well. On top of that, I was thinking of writing about some failed shoots and what I learned from those failures (for example I was on a shoot on Saturday and got a really nice image, the composition and exposure was fine but I got a HUUUUGGGE light leak right through the middle of it......) .

I want to keep the majority of the text on the site to the blog area and keep the text on the images themselves to a minimum.

Any other advice about what to write about or advice in general more than appreciated!

The 6 Basic Components Of A Strong SEO Strategy For Online Retailers

1- Keywords. Keyword research is the first step to a successful SEO strategy. Those successful with SEO understand what people are searching for when discovering their business in a search engine. These are the keywords they use to drive targeted traffic to their products. Start brainstorming potential keywords, and see how the competition looks by using Google AdWords Keyword Tool. If you notice that some keywords are too competitive in your niche, go with long-tail keywords (between two and five words) which will be easier for you to rank. The longer the keyword, the less competition you will have for that phrase in the engines.

2- Meta tags. Meta tags still play a vital role in SEO. If you type any keyword into a search engine, you’ll see how that keyword is reflected in the title for that page. Google GOOG -0.01% looks at your page title as a signal of relevance for that keyword. The same holds true for the description of that page. (Don’t worry about the keyword title tag — Google has publicly said that it doesn’t pay attention to that tag, since it has been abused by webmasters and all those trying to rank for certain keywords.)

3- Content. It’s true, content is king. Search engines have stated that creating quality content is the best way to not only rank for keywords, but also create positive user experiences. It will also go a long way with making sure you’re educating your consumer, and being an authority in your niche will leads to boosts in sales.

4- Backlinks. If content is king, then backlinks are queen. Remember, it’s not about which site has the most links, but who has the most quality links pointing back to their website. Build backlinks by submitting monthly or bi-monthly press releases on any exciting company, and contacting popular blogs in your niche to see how you can work together to get a backlink from their website. Create the best possible product site you can, so people talking about the products you sell will link back. Try creating graphics or newsworthy content that will influence bloggers and news websites to link that content.

5- Social media. The algorithms have truly changed since social media first emerged. Many content websites are community-oriented — Digg began allowing users to vote which stories make the front page, and YouTube factors views and user ratings into their front page rankings. Therefore, e-commerce stores must establish a strong social media presence on sites like Facebook FB +0.68%, Pinterest, Twitter, etc. These social media sites send search engines signals of influence and authority.

6- Product images. If you think images don’t play a role, think again. When many consumers search for products in the search engines, not only are they looking at the “Web” results, but they’re also looking at the “images” results. If you have quality images of that product on your site — and the files’ names contain relevant keywords — these images will rank well in search engines. This avenue will drive a lot of traffic to your site, as potential customers will click on that image to find your store.

#4 JacqlineGomez

JacqlineGomez
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 12:38

Your website should be optimized entirely and at an individual page level. There is a number of crossovers here from your technical SEO, and you want to begin with a well-structured content hierarchy for your site.

Let's assume you have a well-structured site, applying practical optimization is again relatively straightforward. The key areas to focus on here are:

-keyword research - recognize the language of your target audience.
-descriptive URLs - Ensure each URL is easy and descriptive.
-page titles - Use keywords within the page title.
-meta descriptions - stuff meta descriptions like they added a copy to drive clicks.
-content optimization - use keywords and variations in page copy.
-good user experience (UX) - Ensure your site is easy to use and navigate.
-strong calls to action - Make it easy and clear for your users to know what to do next.
-structured data markup - Tap into the latest SERP features to enhance click-through rates.

When optimizing your site, take time to consider your audience. If you are a local business, then local SEO is important, and your business address and location become crucial optimization points.

With concrete technical SEO in place, layering your on-page optimization is straightforward. Tools like Screaming Frog is good to crawl and identify weaknesses and methodically work through your pages.

#5 shubham1

shubham1
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 11:25

On-page SEO is the practice of optimizing individual web pages in order to rank higher and earn more relevant traffic in search engines. On-page refers to both the content and HTML source code of a page that can be optimized, as opposed to off-page SEO which refers to links and other external signals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users