4 replies to this topic

#1 rob

rob
  • Hefty Member
  • Advanced Member
  • 659 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 08:41

Hey guys and gals

Anyone got experience with pretty URLs in WooCommerce? I don't mean the standard ones of course, I more mean things like:

Removing the: /product-category/  part of the URL when going to categories

When filtering, don't use: /?filtering=1&filter_country=751 but something more like: /country-name (this isn't as simple as having the countries as categories, as there are multiple filters to take into account)

I've done a bit of digging on Google, but it's not returned much in the way sensible results...

There's money in it for someone who can help...

#2 DigitalSquid

DigitalSquid
  • Overlord
  • Squidministrator
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 14:49

No experience in either, but maybe this sort of thing:

http://wordpress.sta...an-2-taxonomies

More than happy to help for free but if you want to show some love back, either give me an up-vote or buy me a beer!

www.digitalsquid.net
@Digital_Squid

#3 rob

rob
  • Hefty Member
  • Advanced Member
  • 659 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 16:43

Thanks Squidly - I found that earlier, but for the life of me, I couldn't quite get my head wrapped around it. Maybe now I've got a bit more time this evening, I'll have a bit more of a play with it and see what I can break do

#4 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop
  • Overlord
  • Mini Member
  • 4,666 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 16:57

No idea myself, but i'm about to go in to a big Woo job, and i'm pretty sure this'll turn up at some point, so keep me us updated!

#5 aliceta

aliceta
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:47

The URL structure on your WooCommerce store strongly affects its search engine rankings and user experience. If configured badly, it can cause mistakes, performance disruptions and duplicates. Therefore, avoiding such outcomes, figuring out the best URL structure SEO-wise and implementing it are important subjects for each Woo e-merchant (and for those who are planning to use Cart2Cart and migrate to WooCommerce soon). So, let’s discuss them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users