Photo

News websites and SEO

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Frenzyy

Frenzyy
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 16:36

Hi, I recently started thinking about creating a blog but after doing some research I found out that it's not really going to suit my needs because (from what I've read), to create a successful blog, you should, at least try to, concentrate on one thing/niche. Otherwise, the SEO is not going to work in your favour. I guess it is true because most of the most successful blogs do focus on only a small niche and not e.g. bikes, cars and video games or whatever.
So, after thinking about this for a bit, I decided to maybe create a news website, however, again, ideally I'd like to focus on a couple of things. Just to use as an example, let's use technology and business (while keeping in mind further diversification into other areas in the future) and I wanted to ask what would work better in terms of traffic and SEO. Technology and Business on one site, just under different tabs, properly distinguished from each other or two separate sites but still somehow connected to each other by at least, for example, the domain name being similar, i.e. xXxBusiness.com and xXxTechnology.com. Therefore it would actually end up being like a network of news sites instead of one, all-in-one site.
Of course, I'm aware of the fact that in order to have a successful news website, you won't be able to run it on your own but for now, I just wanted to ask what would be better for such project.

Also, if you don't mind, would you be able to tell me whether WordPress and e.g. BlueHost would be appropriate for this sort of thing? If not, what are your recommendations?
Thanks.

#2 Lou Neri

Lou Neri
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 05:55

I would strongly recommend WordPress for your website, because it is SEO friendly you can easily edit your content and meta's in WordPress which is very important in SEO.

#3 jannatul18

jannatul18
  • 116 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 09:18

As far as I am seeing, your idea is looking good and you can go for it. First start with your own post and then you can allow guest posting in your blog. After some times people will search for your blog for sure. And in case of which platform to use, I would recommend you to use WordPress only.

#4 josephfranklin166

josephfranklin166
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 07:59

Yes correct if you try to focus on many things. that you himself will confuse. so try to make it simple.

This will help a lot

#5 sansastark

sansastark
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 04:55

No, you have to understand that SEO is the process of 2 steps:

1. Create great and useful content for people
  2. Promote it

Wordpress is a good platform for SEO but you can use many others CMS like joomla, Drupal ... and about host, just use a common host, I see that Vultr and Stable host now have 50% discount. You can have a look

Get $1000/month with ERP Magento . Try at Magento 2 demo luma

#6 josephfranklin166

josephfranklin166
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 07:21

it is good to do seo for new websites but takes too much hard work and time.

#7 brucekenway

brucekenway
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 09:49

Wordpress is pretty recommended for you, friendly interface and easy and free plugin for SEO like Yoast SEO. I believe a blogger like you will need Wordpress than other platforms

#8 Hatmarat

Hatmarat
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 19:41

+1 for wordpress

#9 shubham1

shubham1
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 11:48

I have recommended WordPress and Tumbler sites, because it is SEO friendly and more traffic generate on your websites. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users