• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop
  • Overlord
  • Mini Member
  • 4,693 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 19:47

I've never given much thought to SEO on my personal portfolio, but lately i've noticed a lot of terrible competition cropping around here, very little of it much threat to my own business but it would be nice to start actually paying attention to SEO and getting myself a bit higher up the SERPS and possibly picking up some local work rather than current work that almost exclusively comes from the South East (and strangely, Ireland).

I'm aware we've had similar topics to this in the past, but we all know how fast this industry moves, so would be good to have a new look.

I'll also update this post with links to tools and what not.

Cheers in advance.

#2 ryan

ryan
  • Global Mod
  • Young 'un
  • 384 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 21:31

I'd be looking at getting the keywords on site, naturally. Maybe some blogging, adding a few pages to introduce the services?

Some tools I use:

Ahrefs - check backlinks

Serpfox - check serps.

Moz - try a free trial, utilise it

Heard some good things about https://majestic.com too.

Freelance Web Designer 
@ryangittings

Have I helped? If you want, you can show me some  :wub: and buy me a beer!beer.png

#3 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop
  • Overlord
  • Mini Member
  • 4,693 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 09:25

Cheers Ryan, i guess the next move is to try out some of the free trials. Only issue i have with that is i have no idea what to do with that data yet, so maybe jumping straight in to the trials is a waste?

#4 Lou Neri

Lou Neri
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 06:28

For me, the only thing that changed in the SEO world is the

Rankings.

#5 jannatul18

jannatul18
  • 116 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 09:12

I've never given much thought to SEO on my personal portfolio, but lately i've noticed a lot of terrible competition cropping around here, very little of it much threat to my own business but it would be nice to start actually paying attention to SEO and getting myself a bit higher up the SERPS and possibly picking up some local work rather than current work that almost exclusively comes from the South East (and strangely, Ireland).

I'm aware we've had similar topics to this in the past, but we all know how fast this industry moves, so would be good to have a new look.

I'll also update this post with links to tools and what not.

Cheers in advance.

If you are asking what is new in SEO, then I would say there is nothing new. The publication of unique content and sharing those content through social media sites are the key to SEO now. Google emphasize on content marketing a lot but be aware of not to publish duplicate content ever. I would say now a days SEO is progressing keeping in mind the visitors not the search engine.

#6 Haniska

Haniska
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 12:43

• Google Trends. Google Trends is a go-to keyword tool. ...
  • BROWSEO. This tool shows you how a search engine sees your site. ...
  • Screaming Frog. ...
  • GTmetrix. ...
  • Rank Checker. ...
  • Responsive Design Test.

#7 shubham1

shubham1
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:48

I am using Ahref tool it is very easy to use anyone. After 1 month try this tool and my website 

http://www.msgclub.net/ top 10 position. please try this tool.

Some paid guest post daily basis and check website DA and PA and submit content.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users