Hi everyone, need a bit of advice for building a new site-I'm starting up a leather bag and accessories brand in the UK. I have the domain sorted, logo designed, the factory are making the samples etc. but I'm stuck on making the decision about the website/online shop. I'm torn between the DIY approach and making the site myself through moonfruit to save money, or putting it to a service like people per hour and have someone build something a lot more customized through Magento. Basically this is what I NEED it to do:
- A really easy to use shop and checkout process, simple design
- Customer login so customers can save their details
- A beautiful, clean homepage design with at least 3 image panels and ideally a scroller
- Relatable products so customers can switch between different colours of a particular design
- Ability to use discount codes and vouchers
- Social media sharing- to be able to share images from the site on instagram, pinterest, Facebook and Twitter
- A really easy to navigate blog space. Again, with the ability to share through social channels.
- A pop-up to encourage newsletter sign-up, linked to mailchimp.
- set up for SEO and can be linked with google analytics
And these are the things I'd like but aren't essential:
- Filters by design or colour, eg. a way to just show purses, messengers bags, red bags etc.
- An instagram feed somewhere on the site to encourage new followers
I'm really hoping to grow the business as much as possible over the next few years, so the marketing and data collection are so so important, but I don't want to compromise on design AND as I'm only starting up it's really important to keep costs to a minimum...does anyone have any advice on what's the best route to go down??
Thanks in advance for any input