.London Domains - £4
Photo

**Newbie** How do you add a slider, etc to an existing html and css?

html css slider

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 njean777

njean777
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 21:47

This is my first website working off of a mock-up created in Photoshop. Attached File  ArmCare2Go Homepage2.png   319.65KB   0 downloads I have the index.html, styles.css and home.css started but don't know where or how to input the following items from my mockup reference.

• search bar
  • cart
  • slider
  • promo box 1 
  • promo box 2

Please let me know if you have any suggestions, thank you!

Attached Files

#2 UYT

UYT
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 20:43

Hi,

Not sure if this is still needed - but I'm new here and want to say hello!

Basically, in order to add a search bar and a cart that will be functional - you will need to learn a server side language; i suggest for the search bar you implement an AJAX (Asynchronous JavaScript and XML (although nobody actually uses it with XML any more) auto-complete system; you can either download an already written script by googling it, or you can google "AJAX" and read through the W3C page and see if you can make your own (I would recommend this), then google "PHP getting data from MySQL" and follow the W3C page on this - it's worth nothing that you will actually need a PHP/Apache server or hosting for either of these to work.

With regards to a cart - due to the security issues involved, i would recommend against making your own cart and instead use an established one - paypal have some pretty easy to set up systems i believe.

A slider, in and of itself - is very easy to make using HTML 5, but what do you want to connect it up to? If you let us know that they I can advise on how you should proceed.

Google the promo thing, millions of them out there

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: html, css, slider

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users