.London Domains - £4
Photo

Is It Best To Outsource SEO or Do It Myself?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 perrysimicart

perrysimicart
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 02:07

I have always thought of SEO as something I do myself but just recently, someone said that I don't need to and that I would be better off hiring an SEO consultant as this would give me more time to focus on other areas of my business, but I'm still not quite convinced?

What really is the better option in your opinion? All valid answers welcome

We build the best app for Magento websites
mobile app for magento 2 store | report magento | magento android 

#2 ludot

ludot
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:45

SEO is time consuming. Spend your time building your business. 

Does SEO at an SEO Agency in Folkestone 

#3 ks123

ks123
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 09:11

Hello, I agree with answer above. You should find SEO company.

Edited by MikeChipshop, 08 January 2019 - 13:44.

#4 Oranger

Oranger
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 09:21

No, find an SEO company, they're specialized in it and can do much better job. You cannot learn SEO stuff for one day and run it well. I agree that you can spend more time to grow your business.

Good design is obvious. Great design is transparent - Joe Sparano :read:

#5 DesignerGeek81

DesignerGeek81
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 09:11

It'll depend on you're knowledge. 

If you are already semi-clued up, then a specialized SEO company should be able to educate you, help you learn and develop your skills. 

SEO is such an in-depth process, which can be interpreted in many different ways, it's often good to gain knowledge from the experts themselves. 

Hope this helps :)

#6 ossisto

ossisto
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 18:06

If you have a sound knowledge on SEO than  you can do it by yourself other wise give this contract to a professional company so they do on behalf of you and you can focus on your core business works . 

#7 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop
  • Overlord
  • Mini Member
  • 4,686 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 13:51

Be very careful. For example, this thread attracted a ton of comments from new signed up visitors with links to their SEO companies in their signatures apparently unaware that that's going to do sod all for their SEO, irony at its best. I have cleaned the thread now, but it is all very telling.

My take on it is yes, you can hire a company to do it for you but you will have to be careful about who you hire as the wrong person or company can have the opposite affect on your businesses SEO and send it to blacklist hell. If you can, get the chance to speak to the company face to face, see if they're actually passionate and clued up about what it is they've said they'll deliver to you.

On the other hand, doing your SEO yourself can be extremely satisfying, fun and cost saving. SEO is basically marketing 101 and there's many good sites out there that will give you the basis skills you need to start doing it all yourself.  It's a trade off as it takes time, and you may be better suited spending that time elsewhere, but if you've got a few spare hours a day knocking about and you like learning new things, I'd highly recommend giving it a shot.

A few good places to get started are http://moz.com/ , http://neilpatel.com and https://yoast.com . All of them offer great free training and blogs aside from all their other paid for content.

Good luck.

#8 Naman Modi

Naman Modi
  • 4 posts

Posted Yesterday, 13:17

If you want to expand your team and business then you have to hire SEO consultant. otherwise, you can do it yourself also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users