- - - - -

I need to build a new website

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 parisparis

parisparis
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 05:03

It would be a HTML site, but I want all the goodies in it, animations when you scroll and other stuff...it must look eye appealing,,,

I wanted to use bootstrap.......my current site is this, horrible one i need to change it...any advice is much appreciated....i like sites that are displayed on webcreme.com....

#2 Nixfox

Nixfox
  • Supporter
  • Ze German
  • 158 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 07:40

Welcome to the forums, do you plan on doing it yourself or hiring a professional for it?

I can see that your page is in Slovenian, I have a few friends from there and can recommend you a good developer/designer if you are willing to pay for a professional website.

if not, you've got a lot of learning ahead of you and all I can do is wish you luck on your journey 

#3 lakey

lakey
  • Supporter
  • Standard Member
  • 267 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 16:57

What Nixfox said wasn't a commercial plug, he's trying to help, but it's not as easy as that, lets start from the basics:

• Do you have any HTML knowledge?
  • Do you have any CSS knowledge?
  • Have you ever used bootstrap?

#4 parisparis

parisparis
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 17:01

of course I know HTML and CSS, new too bootstrap, but does not seem so hard.....

#5 lakey

lakey
  • Supporter
  • Standard Member
  • 267 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 17:05

So without sounding rude, what advice are you after so we can help?

I see you wanted advice on the design, have you considered paying a designer to design a PDF for you, and you then code it if you're more competent in coding than you are design?

#6 parisparis

parisparis
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 17:08

no, i wanna do it myself....i just want to know of any good templates out there

#7 lakey

lakey
  • Supporter
  • Standard Member
  • 267 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 17:13

A template wouldn't be classed as "doing it yourself" but if thats the avenue you'd like to go down, then you could perhaps purchase a template from somewhere like Themeforest.

They start at as little as 5$, but I'd recommend you either designing and coding your own website, or having someone design it, and you code it if you're competent.

One of the other forum members wrote an article on why you shouldn't use a template which can be found here.

I hope this helps.

#8 parisparis

parisparis
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 18:02

should i go with boostrap, is that the best option

#9 lakey

lakey
  • Supporter
  • Standard Member
  • 267 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 20:29

parisparis, I think your website could look a lot more fresh and cleaner if you was to have a whole new design.

I would recommend you either attempt re-designing this yourself, getting ideas from some of your competitors, and even websites that aren't relevant to your category.

Or, you could pay someone to design it in PSD form on a white label basis, and you code it from a PSD.

Or, you could pay someone to design and code it. 

#10 Nixfox

Nixfox
  • Supporter
  • Ze German
  • 158 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:14

Not to sound rude, but also make sure you are not overestimating your abilities and underestimating the task, common problem I see with the "I'll do it myself" crowd.

And I have an odd suspicion this might be the case here.

p.s do not confuse my offer to recommend you a good developer/designer from your area as a commercial plug for myself, I generally do not try to "score" a paycheck on the forums nor do I think you could afford my services, but again if you do decide that the task is beyond your skillset I know a few good developers from your area, that will charge according to the Slovenian standards which I can assure you are much lower than German or UK standards. 

Edited by Nixfox, 06 June 2017 - 07:33.

#11 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop
  • Overlord
  • Mini Member
  • 4,666 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:05

@parisparis

I think you need to calm the down, at no point was Nixfox trying to "Score a paycheck" but was merely trying to help out using the information gathered from your opening post, which at no point said anything about you wanting to do it yourself.

Thre was also not much of a question involved any way. 

#12 Oranger

Oranger
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 09:41

Ok I took me awhile to understand what did you need help with, web design template. You can go with Bootstrap of course, but there are actually a lots more with other platforms. Check out this article then.

Good design is obvious. Great design is transparent - Joe Sparano :read:

#13 davidweb09

davidweb09
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:24

I suggest you to use WordPress CMS to build your website which is easy to access & manage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users