Another Feedback Request

CSS HTML

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dark Knight

Dark Knight
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 16:22

Just wanted to ask for some feedback on a project I am currently working on called Bassdrop, it is a fictional classroom project that I am using as a sandbox exercise to practice my HTML & CSS responsive coding skills. I need to come back and work on the branding, images and typography, so please bear that in mind when reviewing.  For now I just wanted to focus on getting the layout to shift and change as I wanted it too at the different media sizes: mobile, tablet and desktop, What are the WDF community thoughts? You can check it out here: deanconway.com/bassdrop

Edited by Dark Knight, 09 September 2017 - 16:25.

#2 Renaissance-Design

Renaissance-Design
  • Global Mod
  • Code Poet
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 14:23

Looking pretty good so far. Not keen on the darker rectangle behind the logo though. Also less than sold on the headers without the big hero - looks inconsistent as you click through the menu, and the hero-less pages come across as a little plain.

Main menu could do with some small-screen love, it takes up a lot of vertical space but hardly any horizontal. Because it's a small menu it might be worth adding icons and just shrinking down to the icons on small screens, that would leave it horizontal without switching to the Marmite hamburger technique.

News page: either add a sidebar with some archive navigation or kill the 70% width on .news-reviews-outer-wrap - either would work, but as it stands the absence of sidebar screams at me.

Chris Cox is a freelance web designer & developer based in Bridgend, South Wales. You should definitely follow @RenaissDesign on Twitter.

Need a blank theme for a WordPress project? Check out Tabula Rasa. Was this post helpful? Buy me a beer.

#3 Dark Knight

Dark Knight
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 20:10

Thanks for your feedback @Renaissance Design, appreciate that. 

When you say the headers without the big hero, do you mean the pages like the About & Contact pages where they just have the page title and then go straight into the content?

Just to make sure we are on the same page here, do you mean the News & Reviews Reel Container below the main header stories on the homepage?

if you are, are you suggesting to fill the vacant space on the far right with a sidebar of news archive stories or make that section 100% width instead - as a suggestion of course?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CSS, HTML

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users