Photo

Benefits of outsourcing software development

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MihneaIlie

MihneaIlie
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 15:11

Guys, I'm completely newb here. So any info on the subject is highly appreciated.

#2 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop
  • Overlord
  • Mini Member
  • 4,673 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 15:23

Welcome to the forum!

Totally depends on what you mean by "Outsource". Outsourcing can be as simple as getting designer or developer next door to you to work on projects for you, or it can mean, as it usually does, paying a foreign company or individual sod all to do your work for you.

In regards to the latter, yes there are great devs out there in countries commonly known for their outsourcing, such as (but not exclusively) India, Pakistan and the Philippians, however they're normally employed and earning what they should be earning. The ones that email you every 5 seconds to flog you services are the ones to avoid and are nothing more than development sweatshops. 

A good rule of thumb is if it seems to cheap to be true, then it's probably not going to be ethical or up-to the standard you'd want.

#3 MihneaIlie

MihneaIlie
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 06:35

Thank for your comprehensive answer.   :prankster: 
Could you please advise some platforms or forums, besides upwork, where I can find freelancers or teams of developers?

#4 Oranger

Oranger
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 09:48

Could you please advise some platforms or forums, besides upwork, where I can find freelancers or teams of developers?

well try peopleperhour.com or freelancers.net, they state their price in advance so you can choose easily.

Good design is obvious. Great design is transparent - Joe Sparano :read:

#5 Renaissance-Design

Renaissance-Design
  • Global Mod
  • Code Poet
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 17:07

This one would be a good start, most of us here take freelance work.

Chris Cox is a freelance web designer & developer based in Bridgend, South Wales. You should definitely follow @RenaissDesign on Twitter.

Was this post helpful? Buy me a beer.

#6 jimmypham3875

jimmypham3875
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 08:35

For full benefits of this industry for outsourcing, try this link: offshoring software development

Savvycom, an software outsourcing company  also be the top it outsourcing company announced by Clutch this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users