2 replies to this topic

#1 weena

weena
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 20:09

Hello,

My client would like me to build a website similar to:

https://thefitbot.com/index.html

It will be a subscription type website - once you sign up you will have access to a personal training program that gives you daily workouts to do, you can tick these off each day, it will have the option to send email reminders too. You can add in your current weight and track your progress. There will also be page full of videos and documents that, once you have signed up you will be able to read/view.

The admin of the website will be able to manage all the clients and track their progress and chat/give advice to them.

So my question is - how shall I build this? I am most familiar with Wordpress but just need to know where to start really.

Would really appreciate any help!!

Thank you

Edited by weena, 29 December 2017 - 20:19.

#2 weena

weena
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 00:41

Hi,

Thanks for your reply - I am struggling to find a theme that has that sort of functionality, I have had a look on themeforest but no joy. Is there anywhere else I can look? 

Thanks for your help!!  

#3 Renaissance-Design

Renaissance-Design
  • Global Mod
  • Code Poet
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 21:33

Hi,

Thanks for your reply - I am struggling to find a theme that has that sort of functionality, I have had a look on themeforest but no joy. Is there anywhere else I can look? 

Thanks for your help!!  

There are themes that provide complex functionality but it's always best to steer clear of them. Adding complex stuff like that belongs in a plugin not a theme, and if they can't follow basic separation of concerns principles like that the code is likely to be a godawful mess.

Chris Cox is a freelance web designer & developer based in Bridgend, South Wales. You should definitely follow @RenaissDesign on Twitter.

Was this post helpful? Buy me a beer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users