.London Domains - £4
Photo
- - - - -

Advice needed: Graphic Designer looking to get into front end web design via online coding/web course

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 robotshorts

robotshorts
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 07:45

Greetings, all.

As the title suggests, I'm a graphic designer who's looking to get some front end web design skills under my belt, and so I'm currently looking for a reliable online course. I need a solid foundation in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript (obviously), and I'm more of the intuitive, hands-on learner, if that makes any difference regarding what kind of course might suit me best (I don't retain info well if it's thrown at me in a book - I take way more in by getting stuck in as soon as I can).

I realise there are lots of free resources out there that do the job - and feel free to suggest any - but I have two reasons for wanting to do a paid course:

1. Obligation/commitment: I'm far more likely to keep up to my course if I have to pay for it (I'd have liked to go study in college really, but can't due to circumstance).
  2. Quality: I can only imagine that a paid course is going to offer me better quality teaching than a free one, though feel free to correct me if I'm talking rubbish.

If anyone has any recommendations, I'd be most grateful if you'd be prepared to share them with me. Thanks!

#2 Lewwy

Lewwy
  • Global Mod
  • Mr. T
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 08:00

I wholeheartedly recommend Treehouse, you can get in on a free trial to check it out - and paying is around $25 (£19) a month for a silver tier subscription, which gets you everything except the conference talks from what I remember.

I've been a member for about 4 years, they let you pause it when you're not using (as opposed to cancelling).

If you happen to sign up and you're feeling fruity, here's my referral link - but it's important to know that I'm not recommending because of the referral.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users