Business Address and SEO

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Faramous

Faramous
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 07:41

Hello all,

Got a customer here that keeps getting calls from people asking if they can pop in to the store. Trouble is, they don't have a physical location. They were set up before with a virtual office address, which is likely why people think there's a physical place to go. I'm guessing people are seeing the address in Google. Their business shows in the map pack. 

I'm trying to find out what sort of impact removing the business address and abandoning the virtual office would have on SEO. Does anyone know and/or have any links to studies that talk about it in a bit more detail?

Regards,

Faramous

#2 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop
  • Overlord
  • Mini Member
  • 4,693 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:15

So long as they state in Google My Business that they are a business that serves out to other people rather than serves people at their location, they will be fine with regards to SEO. They will however still have to provide their business address and if they're providing a service or product in exchange for money then they will still have to provide the registered business address on their website.

Hope that helps.

#3 Faramous

Faramous
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 11:39

So long as they state in Google My Business that they are a business that serves out to other people rather than serves people at their location, they will be fine with regards to SEO. They will however still have to provide their business address and if they're providing a service or product in exchange for money then they will still have to provide the registered business address on their website.

Hope that helps.

That helps a lot. Thank you. You've helped me out a few times now, so I've used your "purchase a pint" system :D 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users