.London Domains - £4
Photo

Should I create my own website or hire a web designer?

web design web development website web

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CerysGilbert

CerysGilbert
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 07:39

PTPA!

Hi all! I’m an entrepreneur who’s planning to build a website for my small business. I know a little bit about designing, but I can’t guarantee to give all of my time building an online site. Is it better to make my own website or leave the work to the professionals? Please share your thoughts.

#2 Renaissance-Design

Renaissance-Design
  • Global Mod
  • Code Poet
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 13:14

General rule of thumb is to hire someone when web design isn't one of your core competencies and your end goal is a single site that works well rather than improving your skills for fun and/or profit.

Chris Cox is a freelance web designer & developer based in Bridgend, South Wales. You should definitely follow @RenaissDesign on Twitter.

Was this post helpful? Buy me a beer.

#3 shutdown321

shutdown321
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 10:50

Or maybe do your research and learn how to do it, since you can save some money and do it by yourself. At least that's what I am doing or at least trying, we will see how it goes.

#4 JamieConway88

JamieConway88
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 10:09

Find a friend who is a developer and ask him to code your website is a better choice - I thought. 

Car Blog Author - Car From Japan
ask@carfromjapan.com | http://www.carfromjapan.com

#5 shutdown321

shutdown321
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:39

So, I came across this article and I think it will help you make up your mind. It goes into more detail about the advantages and disadvantages of free website builders. https://www.1and1.co...-pros-and-cons/ Overall, I think using a free website builder is very attractive and since you don't have prior knowledge of programming or web design it will make your life easier. However, you need to let your site evolve as your knowledge and site visitors grow. So, I will suggest starting with a free website builder, and once you get the hang of things you can switch to a subscription-based one. This will give you time to find your strong suit and will stop you from losing money on the way. Good luck! :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: web design, web development, website, web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users