.London Domains - £4
Photo
- - - - -

Hypothetical questions about work location and commuting

commute location

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Hypothetical questions (read text below questions)

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Would you take a job if there was a second office in Point A?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Would you take a job if there was an office in Point A but 2 days a week you had to work in Point B?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Would you take the job if the toll fee was paid for?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 notxalckram

notxalckram
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 09:42

If you all don't mind I'd like to ask a few hypothetical questions regarding work location and commuting.

Scenario

- Point A is a large city with a top university and several colleges. 

- Point B is a software company in a small village. It's 20+ miles from Point A which also involves a toll fee where it averages £55 per month.

I've added some questions. Thank you.

Edited by notxalckram, 29 August 2018 - 10:20.

#2 Renaissance-Design

Renaissance-Design
  • Global Mod
  • Code Poet
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 10:01

Where do you live relative to Points A and B?

Chris Cox is a freelance web designer & developer based in Bridgend, South Wales. You should definitely follow @RenaissDesign on Twitter.

Was this post helpful? Buy me a beer.

#3 notxalckram

notxalckram
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 10:14

I also live in Point A.

I know that makes it sound a bit biased but Point A is the nearest city to Point B, the rest are more than 60 miles away.

#4 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop
  • Overlord
  • Mini Member
  • 4,673 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 10:29

I've been offered jobs for good money where I'd have to commute and I've turned them down for two reasons.

1. I don't like commuting, not only is it bad for me, it's bad for the environment and costly.
  2. A company that insists you work in a location is behind the times. 'Having' to be in one particular location benefits no one except those who value a power trip. It's cheaper to work remotely and staff happiness is proven to be higher with a greater quality of work being turned out

#5 notxalckram

notxalckram
  • 138 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 13:25

I agree with you completely. I'm happy in my current role but the monthly expenditures on fuel and toll fee are starting to grind on me. 

#6 Lyndsey

Lyndsey
  • Supporter+
  • Standard Member
  • 404 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 09:13

For me, it would depend on how good the job is and how happy I was. If I'm spending hundreds of pounds per month for a job I'm not 100% invested in, I would start considering a new job!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users