- - - - -

Images not showing after sending to hosting

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 josymac1975

josymac1975
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 01:05

Hope someone can help, ive just set up a web hosting account that uses cpanel. I have uploaded my images no problem using filezilla. Basically I only need it to make ebay templates but my images wont show. I use dreamweaver for my designs and I link my images with the following. https://www.mywebadd...images/Logo.png  My hosting has SSL but I just dont understand what im doing wrong. I would really appreciate some help as im quite new to this.

Regards

Joe

#2 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop
  • Overlord
  • Mini Member
  • 4,675 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 10:41

Welcome to the forum!

There could be multiple reasons why the images are not showing up. Wrong src, wrong protocol, images not actually being on your server and so on.

Could you post a link to the actual site so we can inspect further and hopefully come up with the solution for you?

Edit: Taking another look at your example link, are you sure you're not mixing your uppercase and lowercase letters?

Depending on the server "Logo.png" and "logo.png" are going to be different assets. To avoid confusion, stick to lower case characters.

#3 Renaissance-Design

Renaissance-Design
  • Global Mod
  • Code Poet
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 13:43

Dammit Mike, you're on the ball today. Case sensitivity was the first thing that jumped out at me too.

Chris Cox is a freelance web designer & developer based in Bridgend, South Wales. You should definitely follow @RenaissDesign on Twitter.

Was this post helpful? Buy me a beer.

#4 josymac1975

josymac1975
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 14:01

Hi thanks for your reply, I have checked that they are on the server and the spellings are correct. I dont have a web page set up as such, all I use hosting for at the minute is so I can make ebay templates. And I do this by uploading the images to the host and then linking each src in dreamweaver to the relevant image. I then copy the code into ebay however the images wont show. This used to work when my host was godaddy but I have recently changed to another hosting provider. I have posted a picture of my cpanel if this might help?

Attached Files

#5 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop
  • Overlord
  • Mini Member
  • 4,675 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 14:15

Three things jump to mind...

• How soon was the change to the new provider?
  • Also can you provide one of the links you use to insert the image in a page
  • Can inspect the element that's not showing (right click, select "Inspect" in Chrome" and screenshot the console window that pops up?

#6 josymac1975

josymac1975
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 19:14

Hi I changed over about a week ago, my domain has sucessfully transfered over too. I have attached the inspect element.

Attached Files

• Attached File  pic1.jpg   64.69KB   0 downloads

#7 Renaissance-Design

Renaissance-Design
  • Global Mod
  • Code Poet
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 19:24

Rename the image to "logo.png" all lowercase.

Chris Cox is a freelance web designer & developer based in Bridgend, South Wales. You should definitely follow @RenaissDesign on Twitter.

#8 josymac1975

josymac1975
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 19:26

Yeah i already have done that

#9 Renaissance-Design

Renaissance-Design
  • Global Mod
  • Code Poet
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 19:29

Check the permissions on the images, is the only other thing I can think of. Try setting them to 644.

#10 josymac1975

josymac1975
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 19:51

just checked in cpanel and images are set to 644. Im out of ideas too

#11 josymac1975

josymac1975
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 20:20

I think I may have solved it, I just created a new index.html instead of the default one that was there and the images now display within ebay.

Thanks all for your help, I appreciate it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users