.London Domains - £4
Photo

Review for design and functionality of a website in the removal niche.

review design website removal niche

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 henry12

henry12
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 12:35

Hello, everyone,

I currently am finishing the design, content, and the whole outlook of a Wordpress-based website. The website is oriented in the rubbish removal niche and 99% of the information is about that particular topic.

Here it is: http://mega-removals.co.uk/

Please, if you have had previous experience in making Wordpress sites and in similar niches, like removals, cleaning, storage, share your opinions of what you don't like about it (sidebars, particular content, responsiveness and page buttons, etc.) and what can be done to be optimized better, as am upgrading it continually.

Regards.

#2 TheLonelyPixel

TheLonelyPixel
  • Sweetcheeks
  • Princess Peach
  • 861 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 13:39

Hi Henry, 

Welcome to the forum, unfortunately, I doubt anyone is going to give you feedback on this, given that you've used a premium theme... http://consulting.stylemixthemes.com/. If you checkout the guidelines in the reviews thread you'll see that asking for reviews on premium themes isn't allowed (unless you're the author).

The Lonely Pixel - Freelance Web Designer

#3 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop
  • Overlord
  • Mini Member
  • 4,692 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 13:52

As TLP said above, we tend not to review premium themes as it's not the generally the work of the person asking to review it and therefore it's not really on for us to pass judgement on it. Now if the original theme author had asked for our thoughts, then that would be fine.

So, with the overall theme and build aside, I'll look at this from a different perspective, does it work at its job of promoting a moving business?

It doesn't really scream "Moving company" to me. That's the problem with most premium themes though, they're generic, one size fits all solutions. Rather bespoke pieces of design tailored at what the company needs to reach its target audience.

I'd remove that figures block at the bottom as well. "Useful information about our moving experience" contains nothing particularly useful (and in some cases actually makes things look worse, I mean 1324 satisfied customers out of 23800 job complete. Were the remaining 22476 customer not happy?).

There's various usability issues and some pretty nasty accessibility issues too. Happy to point these out if you want.

#4 henry12

henry12
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 12:12

Hey, thanks for the feedback, i'll see what i can do about it. At the moment i am updating most of the content on the site, so i'm kind of busy, but as soon as a finish it, i will start improving the individual pages and responsiveness.

There's various usability issues and some pretty nasty accessibility issues too. Happy to point these out if you want.

Hi MikeChipshop,

I forgot to ask you - what are the accessibility issues you found? Can you please show me so I can fix them.

#5 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop
  • Overlord
  • Mini Member
  • 4,692 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 13:40

Apologies for the slow reply, Christmas got in the way.

Grab this add-on for Chrome https://chrome.googl...ndnejefpokejbdd and run it against the site. It'll outline and explain any accessibility issues the site has and it'll do a better job at rounding all up than I ever will!

It's also exactly what I did.

Good luck.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: review, design, website, removal, niche

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users