• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Ryan McFadyen

Ryan McFadyen
  • Hefty Member
  • Lord Rantington
  • 843 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 17:14

Subscribing as a supporter gets you a few nice features (listed below), but it's not about that. It's about getting involved and supporting a forum you want to see succeed. It's about helping shape the future of this community and being part of building something awesome. We want tWDF to become the place for the digital creative to be, we want it bursting at the seams with brilliant people and fantastic advice. With your help we can do just that.
Before we get to the perks though, we've got a question to ask you. Right now the ads being displayed are basic, run of the mill Google Adsense. They aren't very clever, they are sometimes obnoxious and although we try and block all the stupid ones they do sometimes advertise just awful products.

It doesn't have to be this way though, with enough user activity we'll be able to go out and sell our ad space directly to proper companies who have proper services but, as paying supporters you are our golden ticket, our best bargaining chip. Companies would love to advertise to a group they know are committed to the web designer/developer market.

So we are giving you a choice. Instead of just having a single supporter subscription that turns all ads off for everyone, leaving us only able to sell advertising space aimed at free users, we are introducing two options. Supporter and Supporter+. The only difference is that Supporter+ keeps the ads on. That's it.

By choosing Supporter+ you give us that little bit of sugar to sweeten the deal and help us get to a positon where we are paid well for adverts that are relevant, tidy and for services we might actually want to use. If you don't want to see ads that's absolutely fine but we wanted to start off the supporter system as we mean to go on by being open, honest and involving you all in the choices we make trying to progress tWDF.

Pricing

£2 monthly or £20 yearly.

What You Get

Supporter                                         Member

Ads removed?                                                 yes                                                         -

Username changes                                Once per month                                                -

Search flood control                                2 seconds                                             10 seconds

PM's per day                                                    100                                                        50

Participants per PM                                         10                                                          5

PM inbox limit                                                500                                                       200

PM attachments                                            Yes                                                        -

Profile branding                                              Yes                                                          -

Available rep points per 24hrs                     100                                                         30

Post edit allowance                                    48 hours                                               24 hours

Global upload                                                 4MB                                                       2MB

Post upload limit                                            2MB                                                       1MB

Signature Image                                    Yes (468 x 60)                                                  -

Signature links                                                 6                                                            2

Signature lines                                                 6                                                            2

Early access to new features                     Yes                                                          -

Private supporters forum                           Yes                                                          -

Have your say in the future
of tWDF                                                           Yes                                                        -  

Early access to Competitions                    Yes                                                          -

Future discounts on tWDF
merchandise                                                  Yes                                                           -

In addition to the above the Supporter groups get a shiny blue badge!

Subscribe Now!
http://thewebdesignforum.co.uk/store/

#2 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop
  • Overlord
  • Mini Member
  • 4,686 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:24

The ability to help support tWDF via purchasing a subscription is now live. For any help regarding the Supporter accounts, feel free to post here.

#3 rob

rob
  • Hefty Member
  • Advanced Member
  • 659 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:57

Yeah, ok, I'm in - worth it to say cheers for all of the hard work you guys have put in

#4 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop
  • Overlord
  • Mini Member
  • 4,686 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:12

Yeah, ok, I'm in - worth it to say cheers for all of the hard work you guys have put in

Nice one Rob, appreciated mate.

#5 _-_-_

_-_-_
  • Supporter
  • Standard Member
  • 287 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:02

Yeah same, it was a fair price.

#6 Jheg

Jheg
  • Overlord
  • Mandard Stember
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:14

cheers guys very much appreciated!

Learning Ruby http://jheg.github.io/

ToDo App - www.gottodo.co.uk

#7 margaux

margaux
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 14:31

worth it to say cheers for all of the hard work you guys have put in

completely agree

Happy to help but feel free to give me a +1 or donate to my holiday

#8 lakey

lakey
  • Supporter
  • Standard Member
  • 267 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 17:57

I've subscribed! I'm sure the knowledge I pick up from here is worth £2 a month.

Just an idea, have you thought about opening a Tutorial section to the forum, for an extra subscription fee. I'd look to buy in to this if you did.

#9 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop
  • Overlord
  • Mini Member
  • 4,686 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 18:03

I've subscribed! I'm sure the knowledge I pick up from here is worth £2 a month.

Just an idea, have you thought about opening a Tutorial section to the forum, for an extra subscription fee. I'd look to buy in to this if you did.

Are you spying on us? ;)

#10 Jheg

Jheg
  • Overlord
  • Mandard Stember
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 18:13

^ ha!

Thanks for the sub lakey we all very much appreciate it!

Learning Ruby http://jheg.github.io/

ToDo App - www.gottodo.co.uk

#11 jamesosix

jamesosix
  • Standard Member
  • 307 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 18:13

I will be doing once I get sorted work wise :)

#12 lakey

lakey
  • Supporter
  • Standard Member
  • 267 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 18:15

Are you spying on us? ;)

Ofcourse.

^ ha!

Thanks for the sub lakey we all very much appreciate it!

No problem. You guys deserve it!

#13 DiederikEenschooten

DiederikEenschooten
  • Hefty Member
  • Advanced Member
  • 638 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 13:12

Share the pint mate, just bought it for a month :)

#14 Paul_likes_the_ocean

Paul_likes_the_ocean
  • Hefty Member
  • Sausage Pants
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 18:09

I just bought a sub too!

“I have enough unknowns in my surfing life and my oracle life without you adding a whole ‘nother life” Olaf 

www.simpler-life.com

#15 jackdanieltracy

jackdanieltracy
  • Supporter
  • 181 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 19:24

I'm having to wait to renew mine now :(

I bought a monthly one. And PayPal have blocked my account for now, as I've received too much money. 

Edited by jackdanieltracy, 01 May 2013 - 19:47.

Freelance Web Designer - www.jacktracy.co.uk - twitter.com/JackDTracy

#16 Scott

Scott
  • Global Mod
  • Table-Master
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 19:28

as I've received too much money.

First world problems at their finest lol

#17 EvidentArt

EvidentArt
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 22:43

Hi everyone, I've subscribed, good price!!!

#18 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop
  • Overlord
  • Mini Member
  • 4,686 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 06:42

Thanks a lot and welcome to the forum!

#19 Spinoza

Spinoza
  • 153 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 18:35

Just bought this. You're a helpful bunch. I should have done it sooner. (But no, you're not getting back payments! ;-p )

#20 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop
  • Overlord
  • Mini Member
  • 4,686 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 18:42

Just bought this. You're a helpful bunch. I should have done it sooner. (But no, you're not getting back payments! ;-p )

Thoroughly appreciated chap. Keep an eye out for some big changes soon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users