3 replies to this topic

#1 Renaissance-Design

Renaissance-Design
  • Overlord
  • Code Poet
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 16:46

ULcCojz.jpg

More pics here. If you could cast me a vote in the competition while you're there it would be greatly appreciated.

Chris Cox is a freelance web designer & developer based in Bridgend, South Wales. You should definitely follow @RenaissDesign on Twitter.

Was this post helpful? Buy me a beer.

#2 Scott

Scott
  • Global Mod
  • Table-Master
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 23:53

Nice build, RD - The only things I think I'd of done differently, would of been to use hardline tubing, instead of flex, and possibly spray the CPU block and rear I-O elements to colour-match.

#3 Renaissance-Design

Renaissance-Design
  • Overlord
  • Code Poet
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 14:08

Scott! Long time no see.

It's hardline - 16mm PETG. I bent it with a heatgun using an improvised jig, then pulled off the satin finish with 500 and 1000 grit soft sanding pads.

X2M8nYW.jpg

If I was looking to spray the CPU block I could have started from the acetal version and saved about 20 quid, but I fell in love with the nickel plated copper.

DFBnWGs.jpg

Agree about the I/O shield though, that's a bit fugly.

Chris Cox is a freelance web designer & developer based in Bridgend, South Wales. You should definitely follow @RenaissDesign on Twitter.

Was this post helpful? Buy me a beer.

#4 Scott

Scott
  • Global Mod
  • Table-Master
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 03:37

Scott! Long time no see.

Indeed, sir, it's been a while! How be thee?

It's hardline - 16mm PETG. I bent it with a heatgun using an improvised jig, then pulled off the satin finish with 500 and 1000 grit soft sanding pads.

My bad lol - looked like softline due to the finish. Nicely done.

If I was looking to spray the CPU block I could have started from the acetal version and saved about 20 quid, but I fell in love with the nickel plated copper.

Oh I get it, and it's a nice block - that one boils down to personal preference - I'm not a fan of chrome/nickel finish myself.

Agree about the I/O shield though, that's a bit fugly.

Yep lol - Not only the shield, but the individual I/O modules too. But again, personal preference!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users