css wordpress php inspector

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 v610

v610
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 08:48

Hey.
I've been struggling with this issue for a few days and I can't figure it out. Basically I'm editing a Wordpress site (trying to change the size of the text), and I'm using the inspector (either Firefox or Chrome). I have been able to play with the code on the inspector and then edit the corresponding files on the server to make the changes permanent several times, however, there's this one code that I'm having a hard time with, because I can't figure out which file it is actually located in. I can see that in some cases the inspector shows which file a code is located in (even which line), as can be seen in the screenshot, however this code doesn't show the name of the file (i.e., style.css), instead it only shows 'inline...' If I click there, it takes me to another section with more details, but basically the problem is still the same; I still don't know which file that code is in.

I have tried opening several files and search for the code but I can't find it. It's definitively not in the style.css, neither the index.php, header.php or footer.php

Here's a screenshot:
https://drive.google...cEfghBwG3GZFTBL

Any insight on how to go about this is much appreciated.

#2 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop
  • Overlord
  • Mini Member
  • 4,693 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 08:57

Dev tools states its being feed inline, which it isn't if you look at the code it's clearly not inline there.

I'd search either your functions file or JavaScript files to see if any of these possible generate that style on the fly. Failing that, it may be a plugin, so try turning these off and see if the font size changes.

#3 v610

v610
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 08:39

Hey

Thank you for your reply.

I will have a look at the files and see what I can find.

G

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: css, wordpress, php, inspector

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users