New career study courses wordpress

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mandyjb

mandyjb
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 20:47

Hi all,

I am exploring moving into web development as a complete career change and wanted to ask for some advice on the best way to get into the industry.

My background is in digital marketing so I have a small amount of exposure to the field and I've recently started doing some content production for a website in my local area using Wordpress.  I love using this platform and I'm interested in learning the development side for Wordpress.

On doing some initial research, the amount of courses available are endless and I don't really know where to start!  Our company used Code Academy previously so I'm thinking this could be a good place to start to see if the actual work suits me.  There are also formal qualifications i.e. through college such as a diploma that I could do but I wanted to find out from others about their pathway into web development and if anyone has any advice on what employers prefer from an education point of view?

I am a stay at home mum so I'd be studying online or possibly attending college part time.  I feel interaction with others would help with development and motivation.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  This is a total career change (at 37 years old) for me and so I don't really have the luxury of time!  So the most useful course for me would be something that makes me employable after let's say a year or two.

Thanks in advance! Any advice greatly appreciated.

Mandy

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: New career, study, courses, wordpress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users